January 5, 2011

New Year, New Hopes

When I was young, I used to make resolutions because everyone did. By the time my birthday came around in March, I would have already forgotten what my aims were for the year, let alone keep to them. After a few years, I just couldn't be bothered to come up with resolutions anymore. They felt like a waste of time and brain power.

Yes, silly naive me.

It was only after my op in 2008 that I began to take resolutions seriously. Perhaps mortality and the nearing 30s have made me realize how important it was to live life with purpose and fulfillment. So here they are for 2011:
  1. Eat more fruits
  2. Drink more water
  3. Sleep earlier
  4. Be more physically active
  5. Be more efficient
  6. Learn to let go more
  7. Learn to cook!
Looks like I'll have a full year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment